Thursday, March 4, 2010

Repost: “More Present Than the Living Man”

"He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present than the living man." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

As many of you are no doubt aware, today is the second anniversary of the passing of Gary Gygax. I’m certain that there will be a number of tributes to Gary and remembrances of the Dungeon Master occurring throughout the day, many written by scribes more gifted than myself. I would be remiss, however, to not mention it here. I have no stories of Gary to share. I met the man on only one occasion, very briefly and many years ago, and my memory of that meeting is not as pristine as it once was. So I will let others speak eloquently and at length about Gary, offering only what I can:

Thank you, Gary. We miss you.

No comments: